Wednesday 17 September 2008

ITS MINE baby..............

Remember i mention on last blog that i am going to Christie's auction? well, i did! and it was my first ever! certaintly wont be my last, i thoroughly enjoy myself, let me share my experience with you guys, at first you register yourself, then they will give you a number card, which you use when you are interested on bidding for something, you just show it in the air to the auctioneer, my number was 721 and i am bidding for lot 20, most of the lot are on display for a week before the day of bidding start. i arrive half an hour early just to check out my competition,
i notice there were not more than 30 people around, 10 phone bidder on stand by, and the rest were guest like me, then my lot start to came up! bidding start at £500, i bid another £50, then another phone bidder bid higher with another £50, so it just between me and the phone! it gone on till finally it goes to final bit of £750. and guess who got it? ME!!! i could not believe it! i was over the moon! not just i manage to have the back, it also belong to a supermodel Erin O'connor and given to her by Karl Lagerfield for a Chanel campaign, it was from her personal wardrobe. A portion of the profit will benefit the British fashion Council, and will be directed to her Model sanctuary, established to support young model and look after their health during London fashion week.
soon after that a lady approach me and introduce herself as from a German fashion TV, and she been following the Chanel red bag bidding since yesterday, and she would like to interview me?!
ok, i said. to my surprise she had two other guys with her, one holding a massive camera and the othe were holding this fluffy giant microphone. it took me by surprise! they interview me ( could not remember what i said! as i was still in a state of disbelieve), then they took a scene shot of me receiving the bag, and leaving Christie's with my triumph Bidding!
all and all, was a Fascinating experience at the auction house, i hope my face look good on TV! if not it only going to be aired in Germany.
So i was happy yesterday and today as i been looking for that particular Chanel colour for ages. Big Huggie for my Baby for letting me have it!

No comments:

Kylie Player